VOLUNTEERING IN GUATEMALA

7/11/12

I am a videographer at Spritz Visuals and I was asked by NGO Good Neighbors to film in Guatemala for two weeks to document the stories of various children in poverty. Um, HELLO!? Dream job, anyone? Yes! My heart exploded at the offer and I jumped right on it. 

Visiting with the kids and their families in their own homes is always a humbling experience. I love each and every one of them. It was so neat to be able to get to know them on a personal level and to learn about the ways they can be helped.  

I did a lot of filming but I also did a lot of playing. There is so much to catch you up on - and I plan on coming back to share some fun adventures we had traveling around for leisure. It should give you an idea as to how you can plan a trip that includes both service and adventure. Now that's MY kind of trip!

1 comment

  1. AMAZING, so dang amazing. LOVE this and the adventures and experiences you have had. such an example to me, love you ky ky!

    ReplyDelete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.