TASTY TUESDAY

7/10/12

So this 4th of July, I took the liberty (pun intended) to make a patriotic Tasty Tuesday.
What says America more than pie?

... I don't know.

So I made the delicious and sweet Apple Crisp! 

Here's what you'll need:

4 cups sliced apples
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup butter
I doubled my recipe because I made two pies for my friends to eat with me. That's why there's so much more here, and I promise - it was definitely enough sugar to keep you awake for QUITE a while. 

And here's where the FUN begins! 

After slicing all your apples (peeled, or not) put 'em in your sprayed pie dish. Crust is optional (again, so easy). Mix together all other ingredients and create this amazing concoction and just dig in and start mixing! It's way more fun with your hands.
Once it's all good and crumbly, sprinkle that heavenly goodness over the top. Make sure to really get it in there - I'm talkin' squeeze it between all dem apples and get everything covered in this deliciousness because I know just thinking about it your mouth is watering.
Pop it in the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. 
All done! So easy, so delicious and so sweet! I made little flags using an old t-shirt (awesome) to add a little American flare to the pie. I think people liked it - I couldn't really tell because they were too busy swallowing. All I can say is that yes, it's a big hit if sugar is your thing. Try it!

5 comments

  1. wow, i die. YUM this does look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun ky! love the pics! i made one similar with rubarb and blueberries, yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo i love pies. summer needs pie. they turned out darling and i'm sure very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie I made it this weekend (sans pie crust) and we ate it with vanilla bean Icecream and OH it was so good. I loved the nutmeg & cinnamon together...and both of my boys loved it too! Gobbled it right up :) thanks for the TASTY yet easy recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that makes me so happy! glad to hear it, haley ! :)

      Delete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.