HOW TO: RENT A SURFBOARD IN HAWAII

5/17/12





if you find yourself in waikiki on the beautiful island of oahu, hawaii anytime soon and want to surf, here is how! my husband chase and i have our own surfboards, but still are not owners of my beloved favorite, a longboard. so here is our solution i just had to share.

waikiki is ideal for long-boarding and typically has smaller waves than the north shore. it is the bunny hill of skiing but for surfers, if that makes any sense. so it's really easy surf and loaded with tourists and "first timers."

we like to rent our boards at moku. it is a local surf shop just minutes from the beach. the awesome thing about here is that the boards are way cheaper to rent than the ones right on the beach. so don't be fooled! and it is an easy walk from the beach. don't feel awkward walking around in your suit with a board among taxis and lots of busy cars and shoppers. it's completely normal in hawaii! you can also take lessons from workers at the shop, and you get nothing better than the local kine.

as you can see the prices are legit. for one hour to rent a board is $7. for 2 hours, which is what we typically do, is $14. and for a half day is $20. seriously killer deal. you also have the option to rent stand up paddle boards which are so much fun and always a nice alternative. and if you are feeling extra spunky, rent the longest board they have to ride tandem with your lover! then you only have to rent one board! chase and i love doing this.

so head to hawaii and rent away! you will love it! aloha . . .

9 comments

  1. Eee you guys are making me shuffle my itchy feet! I have fingers and toes crossed to be able to get to Hawaii during the official newly-wed, first year, for a honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting, had no idea there was a difference between the two! i plan on going next year :)

    zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh waiks. the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome :) I can't wait to learn how to surf. Doesn't really work when I'm living in central Europe, but when we're back in the states it's at the top of my list!

    Daryl
    Roots, Wings & Other Things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to do this someday! Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surfboard always live on in my heart, it's what got me into this game!
    In my view its actually remarkable for me.
    This an good post and actually it was one of the many reasons i rent a board for myself and surfing. Thanks :)
    Joan Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  7. Longboard is normal with me, I hope ones SURFBOARD IN HAWAII. I think I have feel amazing. This is a my website longboardaz.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love skateboarding and surfing. I have plan to visit Hawaii. As i also love surfing so your info will help me to get a surfboard in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey if you finding a best longboard at cheep price in the market you may visit here Best Longboards

    ReplyDelete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.