WEST COAST SURF TRIP

9/5/11

Destination: Seaside, Oregon / Surfboard and Gear Rental: $35 for 24 hrs

 Remember when we took a road trip to Oregon in May?
Well, besides camping and exploring we also did some surfing.
If you like peeing your pants then I suggest surfing the West Coast.

The water is so cold the only way you're going to survive is by 
peeing in your wet suit to stay warm... even then, I was still shivering!
Who seriously wouldn't want to take any excuse as a full grown adult
to just pee their pants? I thought it was pretty awesome...

Surfing in Oregon is rad because you don't just pull up to a break and unload,
you HIKE IN to the beach and once you're there you spend 8 minutes suiting up.
It's quite the process in comparison to North shore, but we loved it. 

I can't deny that Meg and I spent a lot of time paddling 
against crazy river-like currents...we were just too spoiled on Oahu.
Lisa, enjoy it while you're still there!

...by the way, I know you're all jealous of my cool hat.
You should have seen the things the suit did for my figure.

6 comments

  1. Kadiedahl10:46 PM

    That looks like so much fun! You should come up to Homer, Alaska and go surfing! Talk about cold, it's freezing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura Nelson10:47 PM

    haha, this is awesome. I live in Oregon and honestly have never gotten in the Ocean here! Its way too cold :) I think I need to try surfing, but I will wait 14 days...b/c I'll be in Kauai, yaaay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are too cool... this looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oregon is so beautiful! I'm thinkin' me and the hubs need to make a trip out! P.S. You're totally rockin' the wetsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jillacox10:47 PM

    Hahaha... I've "surfed" in Oregon too! (It was mostly splashing around with a surfboard) And yep, it's pretty chilly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good tip while riding surfboard is to find the natural balance point and lay on your board then make, a mark right at your chin. This is a spot is best made with a bit of wax or a magic marker.

    ReplyDelete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.