LIFE IS FULL OF LEMONS

4/14/15


When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I felt like writing this today because I understand there can be mis-conceptions with how we interpret or view other people's lives by how they are portrayed on instagram or blogs. Nothing triggered this post that made me feel the need to rant. I just sat down to blog today and these are the words that kept coming to the surface of my mind, so I thought I would pour them out. Perhaps I am writing this just for you.

Life is not always what it may appear to be. Despite our common knowledge of this concept, it can still be tricky to accept. My sisters and I live very normal lives, just as many of you do. Our passion for travel and adventure lives within each of our souls and drives the kind of lives we choose to live, which is what we like to share with all of you. We work hard to achieve the things we do and encourage others to do the same. But we most certainly are just three girls, three sisters, and three friends. We are employees, mothers,  entrepreneurs, wives, daughters and sisters. 

We are human.

We live the daily ups and downs with relationships, finances, friends, jobs and health just like you do. Life is not meant to be perfect, it is not meant to be all flowers. It is meant to be hard. It is meant to help us grow and become better people. It is meant for us to experience trials, sickness, heart ache and even loss. But most of all, it is meant to make us strong and to help us shine. Because without hard things, we would not be able to appreciate the good. Opposition in all things creates a balance we as human beings need.

I'm still not really sure what drove me to write this today, as it wasn't on my mind at all until I sat down. But I know it is something we can all be reminded of, including myself. Life is beautiful. We can all work harder on seeing the good in others and we here at Traveling Triplets strive for just that. Creating a positive space to share adventure, travel and love. We hope you all know that and can feel that as we are genuine in what we portray here on the world wide web. Thank you for sticking around, and I hope you have a wonderful day! Now go make some lemonade :)



5 comments

  1. Amen Lisa. Thank you for writing this. Too often social media, blogs etc. portray life as this amazing happy go lucky thing. But life is hard and that is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful post. I admire each of you for being who you are and will cheer you on through whatever life may bring you. Thank you for your shining examples of strength and hope. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always important to remember... most bloggers and Instagram users have a certain "brand" they project--which is fine--but important to consider when comparing ourselves! Great post :)

    www.adventurousappetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're doing a good job at creating a positive space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You wrote this for me.
    My husband and I also have a travel blog. We edit all our posts, on all the platforms, to be positive, uplifting and inspiring to those who also want to travel. We are not perfect, our lives are not perfect, but we don't want to complain. It does no good.
    We have recently been receiving negative feedback re. our "perfect lives" and how "easy everything is" for us. We have worked crazy hard to get to where we are now and made huge sacrifices. We have and are still learning hard lessons.
    I have been wanting to address this on our blog for some time now but I just didn't know how to do it without sounding too harsh. This post has given me guidance and inspiration. Thank you.
    Keep doing what you are doing!
    Kate (abrandnewlife.co.za)

    ReplyDelete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.