LOS ANGELES PIERS

12/6/12

Living in California has a lot of perks, but among the popular is their well-known and beloved piers. Nearly every beach has its pier, and living in LA I thought I'd share with you my top three. 

#1. Manhattan Beach Pier
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Rain or shine, this is my favorite pier so far. I absolutely love Manhattan Beach pier. Perhaps it's the fact that it was the first pier I stepped foot on when I came to California, but it has a soft spot in my heart. I filmed a lovely Christmas video here last year, and ever since we've been going back. During the Fall/Winter it's chilly and breezy, and summertime is hot and sunny. It's a super fun surf spot and also great for just a warm swim when the weather's just right. Like most California beaches, it gets crowded but depending on the weather you can find yourself alone as well. There's lots of volleyball pits to watch competitions and it's located in a cool part of town with great restaurants, shopping and places to see. There's a little aquarium on the pier that's awesome for mamas to take their kids during the day, and they have yummy hot dogs (with jalapeños!) and hot chocolate for those cooler nights. 

#2. Malibu Pier
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Malibu Pier is a popular surf spot, attracting surfers of all kinds and beach goers that want a little less hustle and bustle. Although it gets very busy in the summer, there are days where it's pretty empty as well. We recently visited on a moody rainy day, and rain or shine - it's a gorgeous locale. With a little cafe at the end and lots of bird watching, Malibu has become a sort of escape for us. 

#3. Santa Monica Pier
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
I've nicknamed this pier the "party pier" because it is so incredibly busy with lots of activity and excitement. If you're an energy seeker and looking for social stimulation, you really ought to visit Santa Monica. This pier has a carnival at the end with a ferris wheel, merry-go-rounds and rides. There are lots of food stalls to get all kinds of treats and even a nice Mexican restaurant. It's a great place to listen to local artists and musicians play live music, watch the fishermen, people watch and stroll around with some friends. It's busy and packed most all the time, and has killer sunsets.

7 comments

  1. kylie- love this! i love malibu pier.
    you should check out the piers in sd- oceanside is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks courtney!! yeah i need to head that direction more often. i've been to a few down south but not oceanside!

      Delete
  2. LOVE this post, so perfect ky ky. i wanna go to one when i there :) deal?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh you are making me miss our yearly visits to cali! we didn't go this past summer and i'm totally still bummed about it.

    i, too, enjoy the oceanside beaches. but i need to check these 3 out next, i think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:35 AM

    Wohoo I like this post! I'll be in LA in a few weeks and I'm definitely adding these piers/beaches to my travel list! (Especially Santa Monica) :) Thanks for sharing. Have you done any other LA posts with your favorite spots? (I can't remember)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this post! I've been cutting my cuticles but it's too fiddly & painful! I won't be doing that anymore & and going straight out to buy cuticle remover.
    Latest Fashion online lFind me a lover

    ReplyDelete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.