TASTY TUESDAY

10/9/12

Lisa's Chili

Today's recipe is one I whipped up for our first fall date on the bucket list, which I hope you are all participating in! Chili isn't difficult to make, so no matter what it will be delicious. But I was very happy with how this turned out and so was Chase. It was warm, spicy, and full of flavor. The perfect way to welcome this beautiful fall season. I didn't really measure anything, I just threw ingredients I had into my crock pot and it made my house smell delicious, my favorite. So here we go.


Ingredients:

2 cans kidney beans
1 can black beans
2 cans tomato paste
1 can full of water (i used a bean can)
1 pound ground turkey
5 chopped tomatoes (golf ball sized)
1 large green bell pepper
1 medium-large onion
1/2 cup uncooked rice
1/2 cup cheese (colby/jack)
Dash of salt and pepper
Dash of red chili peppers
Dash of hot sauce (i like spicy)
Dash of garlic powder
Half a packet of taco seasoning


Directions:

Turn on crock pot to high
Add cans of tomato paste and water, stir
Add kidney and black beans, stir
Chop up tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion, stir into crock pot
Add defrosted ground turkey evenly into pot
Stir in the uncooked rice
Mix in the cheese
Add salt, pepper, chili peppers, hot sauce, garlic powder, and taco seasoning
Mix well
Cover and let cook for 5-6 hours or until starts boiling, then change to low
Serve with taco chips and top with cheese
Enjoy!

P.S. dont be afraid to eat this for leftovers. The flavor gets better the second and third day!


5 comments

  1. this looks delicious! chili will definitely be my first recipe when i buy a crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This sounds perfect for dinner tonight! It's happening :) Thanks Lisa!

    And I really need to jump on the fall bucket list band wagon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - pinning now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my HECK lisa! this looks so good and really, fairly easy! i don't have any peppers left... or onions. but i think i'm going to do it anyway, surely it's still good without!? i am running low on groceries, haha. this is gonna happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will still be really good without ky! just work with what you have :) i just love bell pepps and onions!!

      Delete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.