LAKE ATITLAN, GUATEMALA

8/1/12

Lake Atitlan is one of Guatemala's most popular tourist destinations, and for good reason! It's gorgeous!
Megan went there a few years back, and alas, it was my turn. Next time we'll be sure to tote Lisa along too. It's a gorgeous place with stunning views! 

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Destination: Lake Atitlan, Guatemala / Location: Panajachel, Solala

When we got to Panajachel we decided to take the friendly boat across the lake to San Pedro, where we could ride horses and explore the surrounding areas a bit more. It was beautiful and we were surrounded by gorgeous coffee plantations. We went with the first company we saw off the dock, which is weird for me as I usually like to "shop around," but it ended up working out just fine.

Untitled
Untitled
UntitledUntitled
Untitled
Untitled
Destination: San Pedro, Guatemala / Transportation: Boat $3  / Horse Trek: $8.50 

 As mentioned earlier, this girl likes to bargain. The original starting prices for the horseback ride were somewhat ridiculous - and after some bargaining and drawn out discussion we negotiated our way to under $10 each for a 2 hour horse ride with one of the nicest tour guides around, Pedro. Guatemala is a beautiful country, and in comparison to the rest of Central America is more mountainous in geography. You get a little bit of that tropical vibe as well as those mountain views you gawk at in travel books. It really is a beautiful place - if you head out to Guatemala, don't miss out on Lago Atitlan.

7 comments

  1. Horses!! Man can you girls just pack me in one of your suitcases one time, pretty please? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I can't believe there are three of you, so much cuteness! I LOVE that first image :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's so beautiful there! I really need to get over to South America. So much I haven't seen over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous sis, and such cute friends too~ i wanna go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been there. And rode horses in those exact places.. It was one of my favorite vacations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! Looked like so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanna go!!!! I'm putting this at the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.