CRUISIN'

4/18/12

We went on a Caribbean Cruise with Royal Caribbean for 8 days. Cruises are great for honeymoons, business retreats, and special occasions, but it isn't our first pick for traveling. Yes, everything is included and it's nice to have a warm shower every night, but only a few hours in each country is not enough. Plus, i hate being treated like one of those "ship people." Aside from that there are many perks to going on a cruise. 
 Ships provide lots of things to do when you are at sea between destinations. Ours had swimming pools, hot tubs, a rock climbing wall, roller skate rink, ice rink, mini golf, track, gym, ping pong, game room, and several activities and shows to attend throughout the day. We were kept very entertained on the ship!
 This was our favorite game on board. It is called shuffle board. You slide the puck with the fork looking thing and aim for getting it in the space with the highest number to gain points. We might have lost a couple pucks in the ocean, but it was fun to play before dinner.
 Of course there is formal night where you dress all fancy and show off your new sun burn. The formal night meals were always amazing. Often times our servers brought us more than one entree and desserts to share!
 The ice-cream was one of my personal favorites on board and you can eat as much as you want!
 Just being on deck in the sun is the best feeling. Grab a book and lay out, or fall asleep happy.
 It's always fun to come back to your room with a towel friend waiting for you in your sunglasses!
By the end of our cruise we were practically best friends with our servers. They were from India and were so awesome! I don't know how they stay so friendly after all the hard work they do.

What form of traveling do you prefer? Would you rather cruise or go freestyle?

13 comments

  1. Anonymous10:53 AM

    Great pics! I agree... crusin' isn't my first choice but always a nice affordable, worry-free choice! Sounds like you had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun! I have always wanted to go on a cruise...

    Allyson
    http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get your suit!? I'm dying for a white one peice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:44 AM

    sure, cruises offers you a lot entertainment and sure there is a whole lot fun on board. I really can understand why people do that.. You just be there and have nothing else to do than eat, go for a swim, stay a couple of ours in a country and can watch people spend their days.. sounds glittering –but I really have to criticize the diesel that comes out of this big monster. And people don’t seem to bother. I am from Germany and I just noticed the abnormal discount on cruises a couple days ago which has surely a lot to do with the Italian costa Concordia circumstances but also they have to take the consequences for environmental pollution… sorry girls, I really like your blog, I mostly like how you travel , but this time I must say: keep traveling freestyle! I like the “green” way more and I am not actually supporting any environmental organization…

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN I LOVE IT! reminds me of my cruise :) so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. anonymous needs to chill out! I totally understood what you were saying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went on a cruise just a few months ago and I loved it. The best part was meeting new people. It's a great way to vacation but not to travel. A few hours in a country really isn't enough to see anything or do much. The only available things to do off the ship are pretty pricey and are pretty touristy. You have to fly in to get a real immersion. But cruises really do make for a great family trip. I went with mine and we had a blast. Although I do recommend going during warm months. Some days it was way to cold or windy to go in the pool or even on deck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fun!!! I'm going to the caribbean in one and now i can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @kenzie Wood land is not necessary for your car...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun trip :) After going on a cruise, I'd definitely choose freestyling over another cruise. It was way fun and totally relaxing but I don't really like being a total tourist the entire time when traveling. Cruise stops don't often give a true view of the country and that can defeat the purpose of traveling, i think. Traveled to Haiti (pre-earthquake) and then stopped there again on a cruise and had a hard time enjoying it the second time because it was so commercialized and fake feeling. That said, my husband hasn't been on a cruise and I'd definitely go with him if he wanted to go on one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see what you mean about cruisin...but I gotta say I LOVED it! Especially for a honeymoon. I would do on another one in a heartbeat! (Cruise, not honeymoon. Okay, honeymoon too!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course we'd rather strike out on our own, but a cruise is a good option when you're traveling with someone who needs to be eased into the whole international experience, or when people with varying needs need to be accommodated. We've also considered it for a low-budget getaway, since we live within an hour of a port.

    ReplyDelete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.