WHAT TO WEAR: LET'S HIKE!

4/27/15

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Women's Hiking Boot: Columbia Shastalavista Mid Omni-Tech Boot (similar here)

Let's talk about shoes. I'm the girl you want to talk to about shoes, because when you ask Lisa or Megan the first thing they'll say is "Kylie's obsessed with shoes." Lisa and Megan on the other hand are obsessed with swimsuits #nowyouknow

Hiking boots! I always love a good excuse to buy new shoes. But I also have this thing where I like to hold on to pairs for a long time too - it's kinda like my shoes are growing old with me :) As seen on our FAQ page #4 & 5, you'll see we like to get a good deal when shopping for outdoor gear and we also have some recommendations on what gear to bring along on your next outdoor adventure. 

I always recommend looking for a comfortable boot. You want to have the support you need, so make sure if you have a narrow foot you buy a boot that hugs the foot properly. Keep in mind you're going to want ankle support as well, so a mid-high boot will do you some good. Soles with traction are key as well, because you don't want to be slipping off any rocky mountains into a gully or off any cliffs now do you? :) I prefer my lace-ups to have eyelets at the top to really secure the ankle area. I also like my hiking boots to be cute and not look like my dad's or the guy next to me on the trail, so I like to look for something with a little pop of color to give it a more girlie flair.

You can also take Megan's advice and spice up your boots by adding a pop of colored laces like the way she does with hers here in red! That adds a nice classic look that the movie Wild is making everyone want now-a-days.

Tell us what boots you're sporting, and why you love them in the comments below!



6 comments

  1. Anonymous12:32 PM

    I have some Keens that I've been using for a year or two, but they are too... clompy. Is that a word? Anyway, I'll check out what Columbia has to offer because yours look way comfy. It's all about trial and error for me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've worn Keens for years. I love the look of the Danners from Wild, though, and my husband has worn Danners for work for over a decade and swears by them, so I may give those a go next time around. Better start saving my pennies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed this! I want real hiking boots this summer and with the touch of girliness. Thanks on the mid-ankle advice- makes sense.

    You girls seriously are thee best!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great advice! I just bought some from Vasque. I, like you, wanted something that didn't look like my dad's hiking boots for my trip to South America in May. Find them here!

    http://www.zappos.com/vasque-talus-ultradry-dark-earth-rumba-red?ef_id=VT7dMQAABAKcqJCM:20150428010657:s

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought my first pair of Keens last year and I love them! I've worn them almost everywhere. Love the pictures!

    - The Southern Adventurer

    http://www.thesouthernadventurer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no one perfect running shoe. Here are some tips to guide your next purchase and make your shopping stress free!If you want to know more information about Hiking Shoes for Women visit our site.

    ReplyDelete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.