TASTY TUESDAY

7/17/12

Lime-Cilantro Rice

Country of Origin: Latin countries, Tropical islands

I found this recipe via one of my favorite websites, Our Best Bites. I changed the recipe from white rice to brown, and discarded the pineapple idea since I'm not a fan. This was so delicious and so simple. It added color to our meal as well as delicious spunky flavor. Can't go wrong with this recipe.


Ingredients:

1 cup brown rice
2 tablespoons butter
1 large lime
1/2 cup cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Cook the rice in 2 cups of water
Toss butter in warm cooked rice allowing it to melt
Squeeze the juice of the lemon into rice
Add cilantro, salt, and pepper
Serve immediately!

I served this rice with lemon ahi and thought it tasted great together. This rice has a Latin and tropical taste to it, so can be paired with tacos and fish beautifully. It also is yummy with good ol' BBQ chicken or ribs. Enjoy!

1 comment

  1. This is going to be a totally random comment on the 'tasty tuesday' cause... well, it's not about tasty tuesday. :)

    I wanted to let all of you know that I just spent over an hour watching your vlogs-videos-blogs or whatever and I loved them! hope y'all keep it up.

    and yaaay for meg! :) (via instagr)

    ReplyDelete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.