TASTY TUESDAY

7/3/12

I went BANANAS!

I was looking around online for some fresh ideas for tasty tuesday that scream summer, and I came across this post here on frozen banana treats and was inspired. So all credit goes to that wonderful lady who had this brilliant idea. I have done this with strawberries of course, but never thought of bananas. Both of these recipes are simple as ever and make for two yummy bake-less dessert nights. And the great news is, they only require three ingredients: peanut butter, chocolate chips, and bananas. If you're vegan or trying the whole vegan thing out, use vegan chocolate chips and natural peanut butter. But I'm no vegan, so I used the regular. Enjoy!


Banana Bites
Ingredients:
2 large bananas
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup peanut butter

Directions:
Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper
Chop each banana into 6 pieces, set aside
Microwave chocolate and peanut butter on high for one minute until melted
or heat on stove top under medium heat while constantly stirring
Use a toothpick to dip banana bites without the mess, and cover generously with chocolate
Place banana bite on wax paper
Add any extra chocolate to the tops of each piece
*optional, add coconut flakes
Freeze for at least 35 minutes and serve!
The longer you leave them in the ice box, the more they taste like vanilla ice cream, yum yum



Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Ingredients:
2 large chopped bananas (pre frozen)
2 tablespoons peanut butter
Handful chocolate chips

Directions:
Remove pre-frozen banana bites from freezer (sealed in a plastic bag over night)
Place bananas in food processor (my blender wasn't that great but I managed)
Add peanut butter and chocolate
Blend until bananas run smooth
*If you have trouble blending like I did, add some milk

Serve immediately and enjoy a cool summer treat! The ice cream will not have the same consistency as real ice cream, and will be thicker depending on how big your bananas are. I had to add milk to make my blender work so mine was a bit runnier than I would have liked. But still absolutely delicious. 



5 comments

  1. that ice cream looks sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow lisa i am so impressed! these look DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh i have frozen bananas in the freezer right now - must try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the banana chocolate chip ice cream tonight! Thank you for the recipe! It was very good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaah, looks so delicious!! :) I can´t look at it, I have to go and make myself some lunch :D

    everything around me

    ReplyDelete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.