TASTY TUESDAY

6/26/12

Banana Oatmeal Muffins

Lately, I (Lisa, triplet #2) have been wanting to expand my breakfast options. I am over having just cheerios every morning. So I have been dabbling around with a few recipes. I came across this one on Pinterest and decided to give it a go. I love anything with oats in it, it just makes things moist and delicious. The cool thing about these muffins are they have no flour or butter! Using Greek yogurt is a great substitute for fats such as butter and oil, and it bumps up the levels of calcium, protein, and probiotics. I'll take it! And even better, one muffin only has 93 calories for those who are counting. Not bad people, not bad. Except the ones I added chocolate chips too, but I don't care (wink).


Ingredients:

1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 bananas
2 and 1/2 cup oats (old fashioned)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Spray muffin tin or butter the tin
In a blender combine sugar, baking powder, baking soda, greek yogurt; blend
Add eggs and bananas; blend
Slowly add oats; blend until runs smooth
Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin 
I added cinnamon and choc. chips to a few (optional)
Bake for 20 minutes (do toothpick check)
Serve! Makes a dozen muffins.

5 comments

  1. lisa - this looks amazing. so yummy. i can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yum Lis! I will be trying them out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey !! Thank you fort this GREAT recipe !! Only thing...in the ingredients, you put down Greek yogurt but in the directions, its not there :O I added it in at the same time as the eggs and sugar, no biggy ! But thought I would let you know.

    Thanks Gain, they taste awesome !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello! thank you for pointing that out, so sorry about that! you add the greek yogurt to the blender with all the ingredients and mix well. you did it exactly right! :) xo

      Delete
    2. I'm actually making a second batch, they all disappeared !! Lol.

      Delete

TRAVELING TRIPLETS. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.